Monday, January 26, 2015

REVIEW
Light Of Lorelai by Jen Minkman




BOOK INFORMATION

Author: Jen Minkman
Series: Tales Of Skylge, Book #2
                                 Sound Of Sirens, Book #1  Amazon
Release Date: January 29, 2015


SYNOPSIS

Aska wants more out of life than being a temple girl in the St. Brandan Convent of Brandaris. Her life-long service to the Baeles-Weards is the only reason she wasn’t killed immediately after birth – she is atoning for the sins of her parents. Her Anglian mother and Skylger father were never supposed to love each other and have children, and Aska is reminded of her low status and illegitimacy by her fellow temple girls every day.

But then she meets Tjalling, a young, mysterious, and charming Skylger fisherman who doesn’t seem to care that he is not supposed to befriend her. Soon after they meet, the island falls prey to the largest Siren attack in the history of Skylge and Aska is beginning to doubt the wisdom of the priests. If the Light in the Tower really keeps the people from harm, why are the Shriekers taking more and more lives each day?

Adding to her inner turmoil is a secret meeting with Royce and Enna, who want to recruit her into their resistance movement, an unexpected confession from her best friend Melinda, and Aska’s realization that she likes Tjalling a bit too much for her own good.

Soon, she is going down a road there is no turning back from, forcing her to make choices that shake the foundations of her world.
For Aska, there is only one true choice – to bring the truth to light.


REVIEW


Amazon Rating: 5/5
In Patti's Imagination Rating: 10/10

After reading the first book all I wanted was to jump right into reading the next book. It was amazing and I finally got the chance to read the first book. I couldn't be happier to have gotten the chance to read it. I love the way the author kept the suspense until the last chapter. Waiting to see if they will make it get busted by everyone....It was fantastic and just worth reading. It's not a long story but very interesting and I couldn't unglue myself from the screen. 

If you decide to give these books a try you won't regret it because they are really amazing. Looking forward to reading next one. 

BOOK LINKS




AUTHOR INFORMATION

Jen Minkman (1978) was born in Holland, in the town of Alphen aan den Rijn. When she was 19, she moved between The Hague, Salzburg (Austria), Brussels (Belgium) and Cambridge (UK) to complete her studies in intercultural communication. She is currently a teacher of English and Dutch at a secondary school in The Hague, Holland. She tries to read at least 100 books a year (and write a few, too!). She is a published author in her own country, and translates her own books from Dutch into English for self-publication.
In her spare time, she plays the piano, the guitar and the violin. For every novel she writes, she creates a soundtrack. 


'I have always been drawn to writing. My first book was a sci-fi novel at the age of eight, which I painstakingly typed out on my dad's typewriter and illustrated myself. Nowadays, I stick to poetry, paranormal romance, chicklit and/or fantasy. In my home country, I am the first-ever published writer of paranormal romance, and I will gradually make my books also available in English (seeing I have to re-write and translate the books myself, this will take some time!).'

Author Links: Amazon Goodreads




No comments:

Post a Comment