Wednesday, February 1, 2017

REVIEW BLITZ Michelle Bryan AWAKEN

Awaken (New Bloods, #1)


BOOK INFORMATION:

TITLE: Awaken
SERIES: The New Bloods Trilogy
AUTHOR: Michelle Bryan
GENRE: Young Adult, Dystopian, Urban Fantasy
PUBLICATION DATE: February 1, 2017
PUBLISHER: Aelurus Publications
COVER DESIGN: Molly Phipps at We Got You Covered

SYNOPSIS:

The world is broken. Tara is alone. But within her a power grows.
The Shift destroyed the world. All that remains is the harsh and unforgiving sand lands. Food is scarce; water even more so. And Tara has just discovered that she's been lied to her entire life. The world as she knows it does not exist. She is not the ordinary girl she thought herself to be. Instead, she is one of a unique breed known as New Bloods – revered by some, hunted by others.
Tara is no stranger to hardship. But when her village is destroyed and the young people taken by the merciless Prezedant, she must quickly learn how much of a fighter she can become.

Gathering a ragtag fellowship on her way, she embarks on a quest into the unknown to find what remains of her family. Little does she realize how dangerous it will be. Or how it will change her – and perhaps the world – forever.


BUY LINKS:

AMAZON
BARNES AND NOBLE
KOBO

REVIEW:
[Flora]

Amazon rating: 5/5 stars
In Patti's Imagination: 10/10 stars


From the cover to the dedication this book had me rooting for Tara.  Tara turns eighteen and gets the best gift for her “born day.”  It is also the day that turns her world upside down.  Can she deal with the new her?  Can she survive her new life?  Will she find her kin?  Will she destroy the world or save it?  What could have caused such change in the world?  Why call it “The Shift?”

This book has a quest, and evil diabolical villain and a strong female leader. What’s not to love?
To be honest, I was concerned about reading this because of the dialect dialog.  This reader has a hard time reading such text, but I was so happy that although it is in first-person-point-of-view through Tara’s unique dialect  I found it very easy to understand.  I enjoyed seeing this future world through her eyes.  I love the people she meets and her loyalty to her “kin” and her friends.
 
I love the talented author’s use of words that are very close to modern language and her description of the harsh world after some catastrophic event called “The Shift.”   She is an author to watch.  I would recommend this book to children 14 or older because some of the situation.  The book is filled with themes such as love for family, friends, and home.  This  book is the first in a new series by a debut author.  It ends in a promising cliffhanger and I can't wait to read the next book about the brave Tara.  

AUTHOR BIOGRAPHY:





I wish I could tell you I’ve climbed Mt. Everest or taken a hot air balloon ride around the world, but alas I lead a very quiet life in Nova Scotia, Canada. The only adventures I go on are in books. But what adventures they are!
When I’m not reading or writing, I manage a chocolate shop. That’s right; I work with both books and chocolate. Living the dream.
The rest of my time is spent with my three favourite guys; my hubby, my son, and my crazy fur baby. We are a family of geeks. Fans of Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, lovers of books of any genre, and players of video games. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.


Author Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment