Wednesday, November 22, 2017

RELEASE BOOST -- Leddy Harper's THE ROOMMATE "dis"AGREEMENT!!




Title: The Roommate "dis"Agreement
Author: Leddy Harper
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: November 17, 2017



Blurb

Item One: Divorced man seeks female roommate for companionship. Cash Nicholson isn’t looking for a girlfriend, but he wants to come home to someone after a bad day at work. 

Item Two: Single mother needs apartment. Jade Robertson is desperate, and her best friend’s couch just isn’t going to cut it anymore. 

Item Three: No surprises. Romance. Work. Pasts. Agreements aren’t promises…






Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited

Review
[Janet]
Amazon/Goodreads Rating:  5/5
In Patti's Imagination Rating:  10/10

Can I just say, " Wow", and be done? That's what this book made me think. I was just not expecting the storyline from the synopsis.  It was so much more than a guy looking for a roommate, nothing romantic, just someone to come home to after a long work week and the gal that answers his ad.  I was expecting more of a romantic comedy type of book that was going to be guy and girl are roommates and one thing lead to another and then they become roommates with benefits, but I was happily way off.  I love how the author was able to pull me in and keep me hooked until the very last word.   This is the first book I have read by this author, but I guarantee it will not be my last.  You have all these great intentions when going to a book signing that you are going to read books of the attending authors before and after, but life happens and you can’t always do that and that's what happened with this author and this book. I not only did this after one signing, but two.  So when I saw that she had another book coming out, I made it a point to make sure to read it. I wish I hadn’t waited so long to finally read something she wrote. 
Cash and Jade are so not what I expected and there are plenty of laughs along their journey, but it is so much more and things are not always happy times or fun.  Cash has a very dangerous job and the things he sees and does keeps him from seeing the bright side of things.  Jade has had a traumatic youth with baggage and is now a single mom.  The author has a wonderful way of writing which develops the characters while each sides of the story is told by Cash's and Jade's points of view. You really get an understanding of what is happening, yet at the same time, being taken on a curvy road of unexpected twists.   
All is not what you are thinking and time isn’t rush in moving the story along, it goes at just the right speed.  I love their roommate agreement and how many time it was modified during the story, it just worked and it is so much better than Sheldon’s on The Big Bang Theory.  Stevie is great as a secondary character, too. I just have one issue in that I feel like she was forgotten near the end the book for the role that she played.  All the secondary characters were great and added to either the laughs or suspense in this story.  I can’t wait to read more from this author as I will be finding the time and be watching for her next release. She has gained a fan that recommends you read this great book.




Author Bio


Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.

She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a house full of females.

The decision to publish her first book was made as a way of showing her children to go after whatever it is they want to. Love what you do and do it well. Most importantly Leddy wanted to teach them what it means to overcome their fears.


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment