Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sexiest Dork Ever

Today, I worked on several writing projects simultaneously. I finally chose a title and began the actual body of Charlie's story, aka Ward Sisters series book #7. That one is now called Better Be Home Soon. Meanwhile, did I mention that I began a novella that will take place between book 6 and 7? Yeah, okay, so I didn't stick with just 7. But this will be more like 6.5. And I'm keeping the details of that one close to the vest for a while. Primarily because the main characters' identities will spoil some of the other stories. Need to keep you people on your toes, right? Can't give away all the cards. But I can tell you the working title, which is Tell Me What It Takes. I mentioned that I write through my writing blocks, didn't I? Yes, yes, I did. Also, the muse speaks when she feels inclined. I like to listen to her.
The other item of business, beside the awful heat (I think I heard a collective groan from everyone in this heat wave) was to actually speak to a few friends today. I've been very lax about that since last fall. I don't ignore people when they call or write, I just haven't been initiating as much as I did in the past. So today, I spoke to some friends and didn't write as much. Which was fine, since I wrote earlier in the day. Sometimes, you have to listen to the muse and talk to other people, too.
Last order on the blog is the most important. Really. It's the next teaser post for Back to December.  You know you were waiting for it. Come on, tell the truth. Did I mention that our hero, Rob Deacon is a movie star? Oh, sorry, a film actor. He hates the term movie star. He's also a big ol' geek of the highest order, wrapped up in a sexy disguise.



Emily got up from her stool and walked over to Rob. She whispered in his ear, “You're the sexiest dork I've ever known.” She looked at him and grinned.
He smiled and looked at his sister, shaking his head. “You told her about the superhero costumes, didn't you?” That set off another round of laughter among the women. Rob pulled Emily into his arms and whispered in her ear, “Watch out, or I'll make you a Wonder Woman costume and force you to wear it to ComicCon.”
She looked in his eyes, and they were twinkling. So that only he could hear, she said, “For you, I'd do it. Besides, I've already got the hair.” And then she winked.
His eyebrows shot up. He put his forehead to hers and said, “I'm not going to forget that,” and he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows. Maybe Christmas presents didn't have to be material things.

No comments:

Post a Comment