Thursday, August 1, 2013

Almost there...

Today, I finished my last round of edits for Back to December. Okay, finished is relative. I completed my post-redline edits and began my final read-through. Of course, I found things I wanted/needed to fix in the earliest chapters. Somehow, I was either drunk or sleeping when I completed those edits, because I missed some really obvious stuff. I'm being a little hard on myself, but there were certainly things I should have caught.

Anyway, despite the fact that I'm nearly done with the actual body of work, there are still things to do before publication, including final cover art and then dealing with all the items that will be easier after the first time I self publish. I still have some things to set up at Kindle, I should convert my Goodreads page to an author page, blah, blah, blah. Right, that's the boring stuff but it's required. Like I said, first time stuff that will be less of an issue for subsequent books. So, not really 'done' but 'done', you know?

Since we're a few days away from the official release, I figured I'd post another sneak peek. I'm not telling when this part takes place. That will give away too much of the story. But here you are:


Rob said, “Care to dance?” He knew it would take her mind off things to be in his arms again, and she was immediately grateful for his presence. She nodded vigorously.
They stood at the same time. He took her hand and led her to the dance floor. Taylor Swift's Back to December played and he swept her into his arms. Em chuckled as she remembered what she said to him that first night at dinner.
“What's so funny?” he asked, as if he didn't know; she told him the same thing when they first danced at the gala.
“Oh, I don't know. Just recalling how I insulted both your dancing and your acting skills in the same sentence once upon a time.”
He spun her out and back and when he caught her he said, “Have you revised your statement, then?”
She laughed. “Absolutely. You're a fantastic dancer. The acting, I don't know...”
He pulled her closer. “Watch out, or I'll tickle you.” The fingers of his left hand, which were on her back, crept toward her ribs.
“Rob!” she said under her breath. “We are in a public place. Don't forget that.”
“Oh, right. Standard protocol in place, ma'am!” he mock saluted.
She laughed. “Thank you. For making this so much easier. And for helping me laugh. You've always been able to make me laugh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment